Sunday 11 May 2014

Update on fully featured WIndows tablet alternatives

3 Additional contenders

Since my last post a few days ago, there have been a couple of news worthy items in the WWAN capable Windows tablet space, plus, I realised my comparison table omitted one of the primary contenders which I had researched at that time, the HP™ ElitePad® 1000 G2. While somewhat pricey, it did at-least meet all my key requirements:
  • 9~11" Tablet
  • Around the 6~900g
  • Windows Pro (not RT)
  • Inbuilt WWAN (3G/4G/LTE)
  • Hosting USB (2 or better)
  • Video out (min VGA pref HDMI)
  • At least 64GB (pref 128)
  • SD card if poss

I also realised you could not get to the links I provided in the comparison table so this time I am providing a link to the actual spreadsheet so you can access the links and the hover-text information therein.

The update table looks like this now with my TWO favorites now being
  1. DELL Latitude 10
  2. HP ElitePad 1000 G2
The MS Surface 4G has just been announced in the UK but this article sums it up in my view:

Windows RT remains a half-baked OS, but Surface 2 is a decent tablet

The ElitePad is out in Europe Trusted Reviews / In Aust / Notebook Italia
And we are still waiting for Lenovo Thinkpad 10 /  Liliputing

Lets hope they find their way to Australia WITH the WWAN capability at an affordable price





No comments: