Daily csv files MUST have the following:
- all fields are comma delimited except the last field in each data row which is terminated by a CR
- only one CR after the last entry in the last row of data (no blank rows)
- the correct number formats in the fields i.e. 0 or 0.0 or 0.00 as the case may be
- NOTE: even though the number formats must be exact ... THEY ARE STORED AS TEXT not numeric fields
- there must be no leading or trailing blanks either side of a comma delimiter
- the date time format must explicitly be yyyy-m-d(1 space)h:m:s
e.g. 2013-1-25 1:2:8 (which represents 25th Jan 2013 at 01:02:08 am)
- the "Total energy[KW.Hr]" value in the last data row must be the starting value for the next day
- the same for "Total operation hours[Hr]"
EXCEPT on these particular days when it carried the previous day's value forward and for some reason accrued the day's values onto the total of the previous day!
At the same time, this messes with it's Total energy[KW.Hr] count as that is based on the running total of what is generated at each sample throughout each day.
- Before doing anything with the file, MAKE AN UNTOUCHED and RENAMED COPY !!!!
- Make a further copy of the file, this is the one you will try and fix
- ULTRA important! ... RENAME the file copy from .csv to .txt
- Choose File - Open
- Browse to and open the the renamed daily .txt file copy you made at steps 2 & 3
- Now because it is seen as a .txt file and not a .csv file, Excel will allow yo to manipulate the fields as they are loaded, so on the first dialog just accept the defaults of Delimited, Start at row 1, MS-DOS (PC-8) then Next
- For delimiters, un-tick Tab and tick Comma then Next
- On the next dialog select the first General heading (Time column will highlight)
- Scroll all the way to the right-most column, press and hold the Shift key and click the heading of that right-most column (all columns should now be highlighted)
- In the Column data format radio button group, select the Text radio button then Next
... continued in next post due to formatting and publishing errors .....